Friday, April 23, 2021

Still in Mexico(Updated)

****** 

Update: I did make it back to on May 19th to Vancouver BC Canada but was hassled and traumatized at the airport. Trying to move on as best I can. This Mural Project 2021 will really help. I appreciate your support! Gracias!


------------------------------

Hola Amigos

I have not been blogging, my heart went out of it for a bit and I focused on different things. But I need help and I  thought I have a voice here and I am going to try and use it. 


Dear Reader

I am in Zipolite Oaxaca Mexico where I  have been visiting for the last 30 years. In the last 20 years so much has happened. I met my daughter's father here and after the Big Fire we lived together and I left and came back but in the end I decided to have my child in Canada. 


It took me 7 years to get back here. If you have seen out little movie I made. My child is half Mexican and I tried to immerse in her culture as much as possible to help her learn the language, terrain, traditions and about her family and the people she met here. We can 4 x for 5 months each time. We came when she was 6, 7, 10 and 15.

Two years ago my cherub had had enough and struck out on her own and difficult as it was and she was very brave and courageous and I am proud of her, yet I was devastated. 

I decided to go off too and I went to Tofino for a bit and then headed down here where I painted my Mermaid Sanctuary







So I was one of the first group of people to self isolate and it was hard. And then I had problems with the E.I and the Cerb and basically I bounced around all Spring and Summer and it was hard. I had no home. I went to Hope for a while. It was nice but lonely but a friend came up and I got to go down and see my kid. Then I got to house sit so I went back to the city. 

Meanwhile everyone and there dog are painting murals and I have missed the whole frigging thing. (es mi vida)

I applied for 1000"s of jobs, made hundreds of resumes and cover letters and rode my bike and painted murals while I avoided people and tried to keep my sanity and provide moral support of for my kid. I was a nanny before and well I am 59 so my age was a problem...





My age, my kids age and her step dad's age.... we are all spread apart,

18, 59, 72 So we can't live together and we weren't supposed hang out together if we didn't live together and I was out of money so I bought a ticket and came back to my other home, my Mermaid Sanctuary. And it has been ok. It has been hard. I had tons of paranoia and the whole tourist thing has been stressful and my ticket getting cancelled has totally messed things up but all the restrictions and yes I can hear people saying...you were told, you knew better, but I didn't have a choice. I have no physical home. All my stuff is in storage and I have been renting here the last 5+ months now. I left for a month and went to Bucerias but that was a whole other story...

Anyways the reason I write today is in hopes that one of the hotels lists as the hotel where I can quarantine and letting them know I have no money because I have been unable to work for more than an year but I would be happy to paint a mural, or some paintings or make a video or do social media for them but PLEASE HELP ME.

I DO NOT HAVE $3000 for a hotel. 

I am not a criminal. I am poor in money but rich in talent and happy to exchange. 

I am going to make a video in a bit but this is all for now. Putting it out there. I just need to get home...not going to make Mother's Day but I have to make it by my kid's birthday!!!!

Sending out lots of light and prayers.