Sunday, August 29, 2010

Merida



Merida is a beautiful city and a huge contrast compared to Cancun.
Merida has gorgeous architecture and a lot more obvious poverty, but I loved it. People were kind and friendly and I felt safe here with Angel. We took a horse and carriage ride around the city, it was a great way to see the incredible architecture considering my little one  was tired from long bus rides and airplanes. I made one big mistake by forgetting to check the bedding in Cancun when we left and accidently forgot Angel's dragon. It was a bad start to our journey but I fixed it with a new toy and just this year was able to replace the little dragon.(So word of advice always check for toys when leaving the hotel, hostel or posada!!) So there was a happy ending. I think that it was very important for my child to see the differences between the two cities. It was very educational.